Anything we have is from the Lord Jesus Christ. He has blessed you and we; lovingly and freely and so, freely should we give. Give freely to share and show God’s love. Here are 12 Bible verses on helping the poor.
1. Deuteronomy 15:7 If there be among you a poor man of one of thy brethren within any of thy gates in thy land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not harden thine heart, nor shut thine hand from thy poor brother:
2. Deuteronomy 15: 11 For the poor shall never cease out of the land: therefore I command thee, saying, Thou shalt open thine hand wide unto thy brother, to thy poor, and to thy needy, in thy land.
3. Psalms 41: 1 Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
4. Psalms 112: 9 He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.
5. Proverbs 14: 21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth: but he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
6. Proverbs 14: 31 He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.
7. Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
8. Proverbs 22: 9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor
9. Proverbs 28: 27 He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack: but he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
10. Matthew 25: 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
11. James 1 :27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
12. 1 John 3: 17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? 18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
God bless you and may you become a blessing to the poor.
All Bible verses taken from King James Version. You can read the king James Version at https://www.biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/#booklist
Be edified by our posts, links below